We gather and use certain data and information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on the Site. We also collect information to better understand how Site visitors use the Site and to present timely, relevant information to them.
WHAT DATA AND INFORMATION WE COLLECT
If, upon visiting our Site, your use is limited to browsing our informational content, we will not require that you provide us with any personally identifiable information. However, we may still collect the following information:
- Website usage data
- What webpages you visit
- Length of time spent on different webpages
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
We may request and collect personally identifiable information from you in other situations, such as the following:
- If you sign up for an account with us through our Site, we may ask that you provide us with certain personal information, including your name, date of birth, credit card number, expiration date, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number.
- If you post to our discussion forums, we will ask that you provide us with your name, e-mail address and password.
- If you want to enter any sweepstakes, contests or promotions sponsored by us or by one of our business partners, we will need your name, e-mail address and other information as may be required by the rules of the specific contest.
- If you choose to participate in a customer survey conducted by us or by one of our business partners, we may ask for your name, e-mail address and other information as may be required by the particular survey.
- If you report a problem or submit a customer review, we will ask that you provide your name, e-mail address, membership number, address, phone number and fax number. Should you contact us for any reason other than to report a problem and/or submit a review, we may also keep a record and/or copy of your correspondence with us.
HOW WE USE THIS DATA
Our primary use of your information is to administer, maintain and improve your experience on our Site generally as well as provide you with customized, personalization services and interactive communications. It is our goal to provide you with the best possible products and services. Specifically, we may use this data:
- To provide and manage your account with us
- To provide and manage your access to our Site
- To provide and supply our products and administer our services to you, including processing payments and other financial transactions
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services offered to you
- To diagnose problems with our server
- To contact you in response to a specific inquiry or otherwise responding to communications from you
- To customize the Site for you and personalize your experience on our Site
- To send you promotional e-mails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To contact you via e-mail, telephone or mail for market research purposes
- To retarget you using social media ads, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and/or Twitter
- When you enter any sweepstakes, contests or promotions sponsored by us or by one our business partners, we may use your e-mail address to send you status updates
HOW LONG WE KEEP THIS DATA
COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
What are cookies?
Cookies enable us to customize and personalize your experience on our Site, including the products, services and promotions that are offered to you. Essentially, a cookie is a small data file that is sent to your browser from a web server and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our Site to identify your computer as you view different pages on our Site.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use our Site and what pages they tend to visit.
- Test content on our Site: For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, while the other 50% may see a different piece of content.
- To retarget you on other websites: Such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and/or other websites you may visit on the internet.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us. You have several choices with respect to cookies. You can modify your browser preferences to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. However, our Site uses cookie-based authentication. Accordingly, if you choose to reject all cookies, you may not be able to log onto our Site and/or use our services or participate in any sweepstakes, contests or promotions.
CONTROLLING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you fill in a form or provide your information and details on our Site, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to: (1) “opt-in” to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or regular mail, or (2) if you do not uncheck a pre-checked “opt-in” box we may from time to time send you marketing communications by email, telephone, text message or regular mail.
If you change your mind and decide that you no longer want to receive promotional e-mails and/or direct mailings, you may opt-out at any time by simply sending an e-mail request to email@example.com or clicking on the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of our marketing emails. Similarly, if you are not receiving our promotional e-mails and/or direct mailings and wish to receive these materials, you may opt-in at any time by simply sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHARING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone unless we have your permission or the law requires us to do so. If and whenever we intend to share your personally identifiable information with a third party (other than to a business partner as provided herein), you will be notified at the time of data collection or transfer, and you will have the option of not permitting the transfer. However, we may from time to time rent or sell demographic information in the aggregate that does not contain your personally identifiable information.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the General Data Protection Regulation.
We generally will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission to do so or under some special circumstances described below:
- As noted previously, we may from time to time partner with other companies to offer co-branded services as well as sweepstakes, contests and promotions. Any information that you provide in connection with the co-branded services or any jointly sponsored sweepstakes, contests or promotions will become the joint property of Virtual Performance and its business partners. We may also disclose other personal information about you to our business partners, but only if we have obtained your permission to make the disclosure before data collection or before transferring the data.
- We may, from time to time, offer you the opportunity to receive materials or special offers from third parties. If you want to receive this information, we may (but only with your permission) share your name and e-mail address with them.
- We may disclose aggregate demographic and/or user information and statistics in order to describe our customer base to prospective partners and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information without your prior permission in special cases. For example, we may have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the our Terms and Conditions, or may be causing intentional or unintentional injury or interference to the rights or property of Virtual Performance or any third party, including other customers. Also, we may disclose or access your personally identifiable information when we believe in good faith that the law or regulations require disclosure.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF COMPANY PARTNERS
To protect the security and quality of your personal information, we have implemented technical and managerial procedures to maintain accurate, current and complete information as well as to protect your personal information against loss, misuse or alteration when it is under our control. Your personally identifiable information will be encrypted and stored on our secured servers. Your personal information is also password protected so that access is limited to yourself and those with whom you share your password, Virtual Performance, as well as third party access facilitated by Virtual Performance with your prior permission.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Updated August 23, 2018